1.12.08

Roller Coaster~


So life has been interested this last week. The good news first. Kent and I were able to go away for our 7th anniversary this past weekend and stay over night in the Baker Creek Chalets. They are little cabins in the middle of nowhere, with no phone no TV and it's heaven! It was so nice to walk around holding hands and acting like a couple of teenagers again!

So now the not so good news..... Kent this last week was laid-off. A little scary. They made it clear that it had nothing to do with his talent, just a budget thing. The economy is not god for the housing industry right now. We are optomistic though. We have a side business in it's 5th year doing commercial snow removal. So we are feeling so blessed that we have that in place. This could be that push we needed to make that full time for Kent like we have always talked about. I really feel as though Heavenly Father has prepared us for this. I have been having success with photography and my quilting and the snow business must have been in his plan for a long time! 
* side note, we really are positive about this upcoming change!

It is however been a bit of an adjustment having my husband home withme and the kids. I have realized that I really have a specific way of things running through th day with out totally thinking about it. But when he 'messes' with the plan..... I totally have to learn to chill! Things are slowly finding a balance. The kids of course love not having to say goodbye everyday!

Today, however is bringing projects to fruision! I am workignon those stockings that I have been talking about. SO you should hopefully see some pics in the next day or too! Here's to some happy crafting!

17 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Rough news... bad timing too! My dad is in housing as well and was laid off a few weeks back. I'm hoping the commercial side of construction stays busy so Hubby stays busy. Good luck!

Ashley Dawn said...

yikes. I know how scary that is, but somehow the Lord always provides and it seems as though it was the best thing for you (somehow that's hard to see at first). Good luck with it all and I hope things go well for you.

The Pratts said...

I had no idea, that is scary! And right before Christmas. I'll be crossing my fingers that it starts snowing a ton!

Dana and Daisy said...

Trust God, but live frugally. That's how I got through times like these in the past. And let's pray for a snowy winter!

motherofangels said...

You have such a good outlook, when you could just be sad and mad!!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Ohhh, Liz I'm sorry. That's got to be extra worse mixed with pregnancy hormones. We know what thats like around here, but seems like every time we ended up in a scary place it's turned into a great blessing and looking back I can see the Lord's hand in it. But, it looks like you've already got that great perspective.

Lisa Chin said...

So sorry to hear about the layoff. My husband was out of work for a month this year and it was scary, even though we knew it would be okay. The worst part has been a lack of health insurance! We are doing well and Heavenly Father has certainly had his eye on us for which we are grateful! Keep the faith!

Sherri said...

I am glad you had a great getaway! I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands job. I will say a prayer for you, your husband and your family during this trying time. {{HUGS}}!

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Actually, don't pray for snow!! Our contracts are setup so we get paid wether it snows or not and so it's nicer if we make money and I still have a husband around. But thanks for all you sweet worries. This will be an adventure!

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Actually, don't pray for snow!! Our contracts are setup so we get paid wether it snows or not and so it's nicer if we make money and I still have a husband around. But thanks for all you sweet worries. This will be an adventure!

Sarah said...

Oh, Liz, I am so sorry to hear that! But what a wonderful outlook you have about it! I know that things will work out and looking back you'll be able to see just how perfectly they did. Hang in there!!

Kritta22 said...

Wow! What a great attitude you guys have! It's totally scary but at least you are prepared!!
I totally understand about your system when your hubby is gone! I seriously had to go upstairs and take deep breaths because he turned on the TV during reading time with the kids!! LOL How lame is that?!

Anonymous said...

Am thinking of you both . Times are difficult. Know what you mean about routines when my husband and I retired we had to set up new routines. I drew the line when he started to reorganize the kitchen cupboards. LOL.

Artfulife said...

This recently happened to our little family. The biggest adjustment is now my husband works for himself (construction/gut & remodels) So he gets paid when the work is finished, no more Friday paychecks. He also takes work where he can. That means sometimes away from home :( We feel very blessed, he has had nonstop work. There are lots of adjustments though. I hope your snow removal business is super busy! I will keep you guys in my prayers.

The Taylors said...

You have a great outlook Liz, that will get you through this and your faith. And awesome that you are doign so well with all yoru businesses! great job! keep it up!

Over The Moon X 5. said...

Ok i won't pray for snow for you guys, i will pray for a warm winter with a lot of more contracts which means more money!!!! I am glad that you guys had a relaxing anniversery! Ryans company just laid of a bunch of people too! It is super scary!! But Liz with the looks of your photos i could see you making some decent change on that too! I know i will be paying for some preggo pics in the months to come!! Heres hoping for a good Christmas season for you and yours!!

Eve said...

Good luck with all of your endeavors!

I know what you mean about having a routine interrupted by a husband - haha. Mine is a pilot and his hours are so scattered and all over the place. I never know when he will be home or when he will be sleeping or available to go out and play. I love having him around, so we drop EVRYTHING else during those times and then try to play catch up later.