11.1.10

Home made!

This Christmas we did some homemade crafting. I forgot to take pics of some fabric embellished shirts I did for my SIL and a peacock brooch I did for my other SIL. But here are a few of the bigger projects. (WARNING: picture overload!)
This first one was a blond wood DVD holder I got on Kijji for $15 and then converted to a kitchen with real taps and all! The taps came out of the rafters in my sis basement and we had the paint left over, and I made up some 'food' to get them started. Cookies and eggs. This went to my adorable Nephews! Super fun and I couldn't have done it without Kent's help, we were on a super time crunch!
These checker board quilts went to my nieces and nephews respectably. This was super easy to do! The tutorial was one that I found last year and you can find it HERE.
I did up some custom wipe containers that a friend taught me how to do. These were for my two newest nieces. Gotta change diapers in style!
This one was the big under taking! A crib set for Lola! You may remember the girly room I did for my SIL Daria awhile ago HERE. Well this is the crib set to compliment. I did it in the same fabric series ( Darla by Tanya Whelan). But a different colorway. So I patterned the quilt after my Pink-A-Boo pattern. I made scalloped bumpers, with breathable batting, and a tulle pleated bedskirt! I had so much fun doing this up. I set it up on Felix's crib to get the full effect so please ignore how absolutely wrong that blue wall looks next to all of this pink! But that's what kept me busy and away from this blog all December. Next year I vow to start these projects sooner!!
My Helper Evan! Sorry these are not great shots! I was in a hurry with a lack of lighting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom said:
And don't forget you did How many? photo shoots,then the editing of each and delivery of the final product to clients in there as well!
Elizabeth, it has been so fun hearing about your various Christmas projects and seeing them come to fruition- as always, you leave me in awe of your creativity, your ability to acquire new skills with excellence, and to FINISH your projects in record time. Don't know how you manage to fit it all in, but sure do admire you! Nice Work!
Love
Mom

The Pratts said...

AS IF you MADE that crib bedding set! It's amazing! (And of course all your other projects, too.) Little Lola is a lucky lady!

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

Liz you completely knocked our socks off this past Christmas! I can't begin to tell you how impressed I was with the handmade and exquisite gifts that you made for so many. Thankfully we were the beneficiaries for many of those gifts this particular year. I'm still BEAMING over the beautiful crib bedding for my little Lola. I don't know how you ever found the time but everything was so thoughtful and we felt very loved by you.

Love & admire you so much!
Daria

Dorienne said...

Holy major adorable. Way to go Elizabeth.

Alanna said...

Cute, cute, cute and cute! What a clever little stove...and the cookies and eggs! And your crib set is once again amazing. You need to show me how you do scallops so beautifully!

Sarah said...

Wowza, Liz! You are one talented lady! That crib bedding is amazingly adorable. And those are by far the best wipe covers I have ever seen. So cute.

leah jane said...

very cute. and i seriously cannot believe all the homemade stuff you did for christmas. very ambitious! and i love the idea of cloth food for the play kitchen. love-love it.

The Taylors said...

I love it all but i especially love the kitchen!!! Where do you find the energy! I showed josh these photos and told him our next project is a kitchen for the girls. Thanks for the inspiration!