3.4.12

I heart making quilts

This last month has been a juggling of stitching whenever I could and still continuing my goal of healthy new family meals and just the rest of life as I know it, pounding impatiently. I've had little ones on my lap and crawling around 'helping' me safety pin quilt after quilt. This first one was a 24 hour extravaganza! I still can't believe the miracle that I was able to finish in time for a friend to fly out to her sister and new niece.
  
This quilt was long awaited. I believe Katie has requested a quilt from me for the last 4 years at least! I have to say being able to be in California this last weekend and hand deliver this was beyond satisfying! Katie was over the moon! I really love what a departure this quilt is from my usual. I love it's retro modern feel. It's cheerful and simple. It was a pleasure to make for Katie and I am just so pleased to have a new skill under my belt.
I made this quilt for one of my bestfriends. She just got married! I am so excited that this quilt will follow them to the beach and snuggle them on a cold night. Mary and Adam were showered with homemade blankets, lucky couple! I had so much fun doing something of a Mary Ingelbright feel, for my very own Mary Ann. I love this quilt and I love you Mary!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz your quilts are absolutely amazing! I am especially in love with the first one. I really love the vintage feel and how great all the fabrics compliment each other. You are one talented women that is for sure!

Jamie said...

Those are AMAZING! Well done!

Katie said...

Obviously I love my quilt best of all.

Way to go Liz. You have amazing skills! It was so nice to see you this last weekend. Really the best thing ever.

pam said...

they are all gorgeous, but i love the first one too! sooo cute. you are very talented.

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

Your talents bend my mind! I love them and you! Katie's quilt couldn't be more perfect for her - it just screams her name :)

Dorienne said...

Your quilts are awesome!

Cheri said...

beautiful, fun quilts :)