14.4.09

True colours!

It seems whenever I post pics on here, they seem to lose their lustre. Well I punche dup the colour on these so you could get the true colours of this gem! This is the companion quilt to Lola's quilt I did recently. This one is a throw to go on the end of Nyah's bed. The two of them are sharing a room. Their Mom and my good friend Sharla and I picked the perfect paint to go with too! Their room is painted 'Autumn Red' a Benjamin Moore paint chip. Anyways I think it is a slightly more sophisticated and still whimsical quilt. The polka dots make it for me. The coral-ish pink feathering fabric adds that unexpected punch. Of course I still used the 'Lola' flowers on the end. So this was last weeks project! Now I have to go finish off my BIG project to be revealed sooner then later!





P.S. Easter pics to come! My sweet kidlins were just to fun when the 'easter bunny' came!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Great job!!!

Lisa Chin said...

That is so pretty! I love bright colors!

Katie said...

LOVE those colours! Very sweet.

The Young Ones said...

WOW! The colors in the this are just gorgeous! What fabrics are these? You are motivating me to make one for my daughter! You have such talent. Good work!

Ashley Dawn said...

Oh, SO cute. And I LOVE the polka-dot trim too. Magnificent - yet again.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Ooh, great colours!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love the colours in this quilt...you've done a great job! Whatever you did to punch up the colours worked...it looks vibrant.

Ashley Smith said...

I love all your quilts, they are amazing!!

Terri said...

Gorgeous! :)

Alanna said...

All your quilts! Wow! You have a gift my dear!

karen said...

I especially love your photo of the quilt rolled up

Mary said...

GORGEOUS!! The colors and lines are just perfect. And I love the Easter crafts and pics (although I would love to see the little egg cup flowers).

Unknown said...

These colors are right up my alley! I would paint a room all those bright colors.

Gina's Custom Creations said...

You do absolutely AMAZING work! Thanks to Mary Grace over at Hooked on Needles, I discovered your blog!