24.6.08

Goals

So I am sitting here thinking of goals that I have for myself and also which of my goals do i want to share. I find myself thinking do i get real and honest or do i  just share the candy coated stuff. For soem reason this seemingly makes me emotional. Like I have been hiding out for awhile or something. i often hold things in and for the most part deal with them privately. but I am finding that as I get older and life gets more complicated that i need to rely on others around me for support and friendship, etc. I'm not sayign that I am having a crisis or anything like that. But lately i have been feeling tender and so there must be something bugging me. I started to cry the other night when I was saying goodnight to Vienna, she must have thought that I was losing it! And well alot of this  could have to do with the hormone rollercoaster my body seems to have me on right now. but generally I am feeling well a mix of "wow things are coming together!!" and " holy, if i could just remember what I am suppose to do next"
Today my goals are 1. get to the grocery store for activity day supplies 2. get to the dollar store for a prize 3. finish making phone calls 4. buy a notepad or something to start writing all this stuff down. ( i have become my Mom, I need to make lists!!) In fact I almost couldn't remember what that goal was it took me a second to rememeber! what number am I on? oh! 5. make dinner 6. go to activity days 7. spend time with my husband!!
Long term goals: well there are lots of personal ones, but these are the ones that i wil share 1. make a baby quilt for a tiny klittle girl 2. start a sewing club, where we teach others to sew 3. get my body BACK! it used to be mine and now I don't know who's this is but I want MY body back. 4. make a quilt for a giveaway, you heard me! Hope that peeks your attention!
Now I just have to stay focused!!

7 comments:

The Pratts said...

A QUILT FOR A GIVEAWAY!?? How can I win?? I loved reading your goals...thanks for sharing!

Ranisa said...

I will even attemp the head stand thing to be entered into the quilt give-a-way!!! Or is it for a special thing? I totally should have invited you to my flea market/antique shopping thing. You really would have loved it, and yes the mirror would have been perfect in Vienna's room-maybe it would have needed to be painted. The yellow was the wrong yellow. Lucky I saw it first....LOL. Like the new wide blog....I want to make mine wider I need to do some blog style looking. I can't wait to see a post of what you find out shopping on your trip.

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

You know what I love about you Liz? That you're brave enough to share these goals and thoughts on your blog with all of us! I love you for that. It's awesome to hear what you are working on and dreaming about.

Of course being the proud owner of a quilt made by you for Noah, and the famous Chicken quilt for my husband I can totally vouch for what a HOT prize that would be!!!!!!

Dana said...

A quilt giveaway?? What a brilliant idea! I'll be having one again just as soon as it comes back from the long-arm quilter.

Anonymous said...

ooooh i want to learn to sew, pretty please! Also i say congrats to you! Life isn't always a breeze, that doesn't mean its hard! Its just life. Kudos to you for making personel goals for yourself. Its good to make time for yourselves so that you feel like a individual instead of someone we divide into pieces for our kids and family! Though i gladly do it to!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Great post. We need to get going on the sewing club. Maybe after you get back from summer holidays?

Ashley Dawn said...

You're awesome. I need to set some goals for myself. Now if I could just sit down and think long enough to do that....haha. You are constantly doing wonderful things and you are truly inspiring!!