29.9.09

feet!


I think that it is only fair to dedicate a whole post to Seger's 'fluffy' feet. All summer he has been confined to a single pair of sandals. His feet are so tight and thick that we cannot find shoes that fit his sausage like feet! Today I put on a pair of running shoes that did fit him a month ago, but today... the feet were to Fat! They aren't too long, but some how they got fatter!! I love his little 'snap on feet', those chubby cankles. and all the fluffy glory! However now he refuses to wear any socks or leave any shoes on. With how uncomfortable they must be for him I don't blame him. But winter is coming!! What am I going to do with this child? That's if I can even find boots to fit his feet! He has troubles making that corner in the boot, unless they are 2 sizes to big! In which case the 'waddle' becomes almost dangerous! We often refer to him as a little penguin, boy wouldn't it be easy if he really were!


I found 'Champion' runners at payless in Wide. Their velcro so they don't close to the tightest but they stay on, and his chubby foot gets into them at least. The 'Airwalks' we tried and now way! But that put us on the right track so thanks Jenny!

8 comments:

Over The Moon X 5. said...

Babe i hear yah!! If you remember Jayden was quite rolly polly for a long time! I still can only make his feet fit into 'airwalk' shoes, the ones with the two velcro straps, they sell them at Payless and when they have them in i buy him 2-3 pairs in the bigger sizes too!

Ashley Dawn said...

We had the exact problem with Saryn. I LOVE pudgy feet. They have thinned out a bit now and it's been so much easier. Robeez work well - and they stay on. Just a thought. We think of them for babies, but they work great for older pudgier footed babies!

Sarah said...

awe! They are such cute chubby feet! I have the opposite dilemma with my eldest. She has skis for feet.
I don't know if this is much help, but have you tried a pair of Nike's with laces that you can loosen? I know Nikes are more wide than others- Or you could try Geox in Market Mall by the playplace, there is another store there too that sells kids shoes. Perhaps winter boots that unzip on the side completely?
You have a beautiful family, Liz!

The Pratts said...

I miss Seger, what a little muffin! I love that he's keeping his chub!

Ashley Smith said...

What cute little feet they are!!

Val said...

Oh I could just kiss those little chubby feet. What a cute picture.

Kitten said...

If you find a solution, please post about it! My own darling has "short fat feet", which look adorable, but are not easy to shod.

Unknown said...

Love the costume. So. adorable. I am jealous that I don't have any chubby feet around anymore. Soon. very soon. I tell myself.